Villa Rentals Portugal
In Portugal, villa rentals are an ideal way to answer that perennial question: where shall we stay when we’re on holiday? There are some fabulous villas available in Portugal, and the only problem is deciding which one to pick.
Here are some tips on how to pick a villa rental and how to go about finding one:
* Use the Sunday papers as a resource for finding adverts, which in turn lead to privately owned properties or to agencies that hold portfolios of properties to choose from.
* Make use of online sources of information as these often have useful search tools, and can help you narrow down your options.
* Make a list of the qualities you are looking for in your villa. Do you need a swimming pool? Is the ideal villa near a beach or up in the hills? Do you want access to resort nightlife, or quiet country towns? Once you have made your list, use it to search for suitable properties and to create a shortlist.
* You will hopefully have a shortlist of three or so villas by this point, all with good locations, the right number of beds and at the right price. Photographs might help you to make your final decision, and if there isn’t one available online then you could try contacting the owner or agent and asking for one.
* The details then come into play: is bed linen included in the price? Are electricity, water, heating and other bills such as gas included or do you have to pay for what you use? Do you have to share a pool with neighbours or is it private? If you are sharing, it could be a good way to meet people, but then the opposite is also true if you are trying to get away from it all.
Renting a villa can work out cheaper than staying in hotels because you can eat at home rather than eating out every night, and you also get more freedom than you do in a hotel. Prices differ per region, with the Algarve and the area around Lisbon being the most popular and thus the most expensive, and also per season. June to September is the high season, July and August the most expensive months, and discounted prices are common in May and October so look out for these.
Holiday Guides - Cyprus - China - Costa Rica - Croatia - Dubai - France - Greece - Hawaii - Ibiza - Italy - Majorca - Malta - Mexico - Algarve Golf Holidays - Spain - Thailand - Portugal Golf Holidays