Top 10 Places To Visit In India - An India Travel Guide
Top 10 India Attractions
Here we will guide you to our top 10 places to visit while travelling in India:
1. No matter how cliché it is, the Taj Mahal remains one of the most memorable temples in the world. The temple with its story of love and loss touches even the hardest of hearts and reminds as of how precious life is. The Taj Mahal is in Agra.
2. Famously known as the birthplace of Kama Sutra, the Khajuraho Temples are a magnificent set of temples with incredible carvings. They are found in Bundelkhand, a region of Madhya Pradesh, and very popular amongst tourists.
3. Experiencing the Thar Desert in Rajasthan is an absolute must! There is no place that compares to the longing sands of the great Thar. Go on a camel safari to really get a glimpse of the fantastically wind-sculpted sands and the desert culture.
4. There is a reason that people, both domestic and international, swarm to the Darjeeling hill station in West Bengal. It is considered one of India’s best hill stations with natural beauty that charms and a Himalayan backdrop to die for. The captivating sunrises and sunsets mixed with the colonial mix of architecture and splendid tea plantations make Darjeeling a hugely popular destination.
5. Delhi is home to the famous Red Fort, one of India’s principle landmarks and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is an impressive sight standing proudly with its towers and interior detail. The lights that flood the fort at night create a majestic glow that is a must see.
6. Beyond anything you have likely experienced, the spirit of the Ganges is remarkable. Watch as the pilgrims perform prayers in Varanasi to the rising sun and complete rituals to their Mother Ganges. It is a spiritual journey one must not overlook.
7. The Jog Falls is one of the India’s most magnificent waterfalls, and certainly the highest. Best seen after the monsoon, the water plunges with enthusiasm creating an impressive sight.
8. For another UNESCO World Heritage Site extravaganza, the Elephanta Caves are a world within themselves. People travel by boat to the island where the Elephanta Caves lie to experience Indian art and heritage at its best with massive caves hiding spectacular examples of sculpture. Situated just 9km from Mumbai city, beware of the mischievous monkeys!
9. Sikkim is a trekker’s paradise, nestled in the Himalayan foot hills. Here you can enjoy the lush valleys and snow-capped mountains while getting a glimpse of the unique culture of these rather isolated communities.
10. Take some time out to appreciate Goa’s stunning beaches and glorious waters. After relaxing in the sun during the day, experience the famous Goa nightlife that lures tourists from all over the world. Try the Mambo Beach Club, known to be one of the most happening North Goa nightclubs.