Costa Rica Resorts
Costa Rica offers playground resorts for the rich and the not so rich.
Whether you are looking for a vacation destination with all the amenities or a second home that you can sail to, there’s a resort to suit your needs. There are resorts in all parts of the country, from the deepest rainforest to the white sand beaches, and some of the coastal resorts include full-service marinas. Some of the more ambitious new resorts have building sites for sale and can work with you on building your own custom home.
The major resorts offer their guests a wide array of services, facilities, and access to the beautiful natural surroundings. Golf courses offer breathtaking views. Spas provide all kinds of massages and treatments. And there are plenty of activities to help you work up an appetite for the great food.
Resorts offer many different packages, and they price them differently from season to season. So you should work either through a travel agent or directly with the resort to be sure you know what is included in the package price and what services you can purchase separately.
Because the lower priced accommodations are booked early, you shouldn’t waste any time in planning your vacation.
Four Seasons Resort - The Four Seasons Resort at Costa Rica’s Peninsula Papagayo is a modern, full-service luxury resort offering beaches, three swimming pools, a golf course designed by Arnold Palmer, land- and sea-based ecotourism, and deluxe accommodations.
In addition, the resort has a full complement of resort services, including:
- Three restaurants, a lounge, and room service
- A full-service spa featuring Costa Rican healing stone massage, Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, couples massage (side by side in a private room); two kinds of masks using local materials; two kinds of body wraps; several kinds of facials and scrubs; and salon services
- Fitness facilities including whirlpool, steam room, free weights, and a full complement of Cybex exercise equipment; programs with certified trainers that include weight training and studio classes
- Two tennis courts
Other activities include:
- Horseback riding
- Water sports (windsurfing, boogie boarding, sea kayaking, outrigger canoeing, snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, white water rafting, and fishing)
- Rainforest canopy tour
Marriott Ocean Hotel & Golf Resort - The Los Sueños Resort and Marina is a residential and tourist resort complex that includes the Costa Rica Marriott Resort hotel, a marina, residential properties, and a full range of resort facilities and activities.
The resort is on the central Pacific Coast, 10 minutes from the beach town of Jacó and two hours by car from the San José airport. Or you can sail to the resort, at lat: 9°-38-95 N, lon: 84°-39-80 W, radio monitor: channel 16. The marina can accommodate boats from 20 to 200 feet in length and provides hookups for electricity, water, cable TV, Internet, and phone, along with trash service, storage units, a marine supply store, a bar, restaurants, a fuel station, and 24-hour security and video surveillance.
The Los Sueños complex provides access for resort guests, as well as residents and their houseguests, to:
- Restaurant and banquet facilities
- An 18-hole golf, par 72 course designed by Ted Robinson Jr., with pro shop
- Tennis courts
- A fully equipped fitness centre
- A medical clinic
- A full-service spa featuring ten different massages, six different body and skin treatments, and five different facials
- Day care (so you can drop off the kids while you enjoy the spa)
Guests can also take advantage of nearby outdoor adventure and ecotourism opportunities.
Costa Rica Paradisus Resort - The Paradisus Playa Conchal, on the northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica, is a family-oriented, reasonably priced, full-service resort about an hour from the Liberia airport or a four-hour drive from the capital, San José.
The resort is an all-suites beach resort. Most packages include unlimited food and drink from the resort’s seven restaurants and four bars (including their swim-up bar); 24-hour room service, a stocked minibar, free use of the sauna and fitness facilities, and more. The resort offers activities for youngsters, too, as well as 24-hour medical service.
The resort offers an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II, a mile and a half of white sand beach, tennis courts, golf and tennis lessons, a shopping arcade, and much more. In addition the resort is close to national parks and wildlife refuges. You can tour the rain forest canopy, see bubbling volcanic caldrons, and enjoy active water sports from deep sea fishing to scuba diving. Or you can relax and on an evening cruise (keep an eye out for the black sand beach).